2.12.2014

Tic-Tac-Toe Love Board

Hi, Crafters! Valentine's Day is only days away, and, instead of the customary gifts that the stores stock up on this time of year, I decided to make a tic-tac-toe I Love You board as my Valentine to my  hubby. We love games and, when I thought  that x's and o's represent kisses and hugs, the idea of tic-tac-toe was ideal. I'm going to display it on a plate stand and I think it will be a playful addition to the holiday decor. 
Tic-Tac-Toe I Love U Board
Tic-Tac-Toe I Love U Board


Tutorial 
Since I used raised x's and o's (2x2 wood squares) I would rate this as a hard craft. However, it is not necessary to use the 2x2 wood pieces as I did, you can simply paint or use washi tape to make the x's and o's on the board if you want to, therein making this an easy craft! 

The first step after getting the wood cut was painting.  I  painted the background 12x12 square black so the 2x2 block squares would pop and really make  a statement. 


Next, I painted the 2x2 blocks white for the same reason. 


 tic-tac-toe board

Then I used pink polka dot designer duct-type tape to create the tic-tac-toe board. 

Finally, I  wanted the sentiment I  ❤ U to really stand out so I used the traditional Valentine red to make that happen. 

I used homemade stencils to create the x's, o's, I and U on the 2x2 blocks. 
glitter heart

The glitter heart was from last year's Valentine purchases at the Dollar Tree. I used them when making last years wreath.  

I glued the 2x2 blocks to the 12x12 background board and the project was complete. 

Tic-Tac-Toe Love Board
Tic-Tac-Toe Board
 Happy Valentine's Day! 





Follow Craft-D-ness

Join me on  Google+ and Pinterest!

If you prefer, you may want to subscribe via Email:
Enter your email address:

D SteppAbout D Stepp
D is a lifestyle blogger who shares recipes, craft ideas, gardening information, and DIY projects from her home in Kentucky. D is the author of two blogs : The Shady Porch, which features easy-to-make recipes along with tips and tales from a home gardener, and Craft-D-ness, which displays a wide range of arts and craft ideas and DIY projects. She is the co-author of Bosco's Sammiches. Click here if you would like to follow D via, Twitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment